Here are some responses to Frequently Asked Questions!
Why should I come try West Coast Martial Arts?
- Our School has been open full time in the Carson Valley for over 30 years and our staff and Black Belt Instructors are very experienced, friendly, and professional.
- West Coast Martial Arts and the Machado Brothers are two of the most respected Martial Arts Associations in the world under 9th Degree Black Belt Hall of Fame Instructor Ernie Reyes, 8th Degree Coral belt Professor Carlos Machado and 8th Degree Grand Master George Fujii!
- We have been chosen #1 Martial Arts school in the area again this year!
- We have received notoriety from the Nevada State Senate for outstanding competition achievement!
- Train under the watchful eye of a Certified Ranking Instructor under the famous Machado Brothers.
- We have one of the best, safest, most comprehensive programs in the Northern Nevada!
- We offer training in several styles of martial arts and an amazing Fitness program available for Men, Women, Teens and Kids!
- Some of the areas we train in are Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, Tae Kwon Do, Self Defense, MMA , Wrestling, Trampoline, and Diet and Nutrition counseling.
- We offer “Lil Ninjas” and “Lil Dragons” kids classes designed for ages 3 to 12! Kids learn in a safe, fun, professional environment.
- We also have a kid’s room with TV, movies, snacks and drinks for your convenience.
- We have a fully stocked Pro Shop with Hottest Martial Arts, MMA gear and Nutritional Supplements in the entire area as well as unique gifts, T-shirts, clothing and more!
- We offer Special Executive Programs designed for ages 40+ taught in a safe, friendly, controlled environment and private lessons available with top instructors.
- We have family discounts and classes 6 days a week in our large, air conditioned facility!
What kind of classes do you have?
We have different programs to fit each person of the family. We have Traditional Martial Arts, MMA and BJJ competition classes, MMA Fitness Kickboxing and strength training programs, “Lil Ninjas” and “Lil Dragons” kids classes, Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes, Gi and no Gi, Women’s only self Defense and Jiu Jitsu class, and Mixed Martial arts classes for kids and teens. We have a trampoline in the floor and a 40 ft Air Tumble Trac Trampoline for Acrobatic tumbling training. We also have Cane and weapons class and private lessons for executives. Come in today and talk to our Program Director about setting up a special schedule for the whole family!
How much does it cost?
Depending on what days and times, adult or kids classes start at $54. a month for 1 day a week and regular programs will average around $8. to $12. per class for 3 days a week. We have family discounts and will help each and every student create a program to fit your budget!
How young can you start?
About 3 – 4 years of age is about when a child can focus and pay attention for a full 30 or 45 minute class but it really depends on the child. During their introductory class we will evaluate them and if they can focus and take instruction then they will probably do very well and can get started right away!
Do you have classes for women?
We have a lot of women and girls doing all the different classes! We have a Women’s only BJJ class that is very popular and fun for girls and women of all ages! West Coast is a very family friendly place and fun and safe for all students!
If my child has ADD/ ADHD, Autism or MS, etc can they still participate?
We have a lot of experience working with ADD/ ADHD, Autism, MS, Cerebral Palsy, and physical disabilities of many kinds. We teach all of the special needs children form EVERY elementary and middle school and also the High School in the entire area! Each candidate is evaluated and they may be fine in a regular class or may be entered into a special program or special lesson schedule will be discussed on a case by case basis.
I hurt myself at another school because the Instructor was not very experienced and failed to show me proper technique.
We pride ourselves in helping all our students from beginner to advanced develop excellent technique, proper form, and step by step quality individual instruction with safety as #1 consideration. We can also help you thru any injuries considerations you have and teach you how to train thru the limitations and eventually improve your overall health and athletic ability and maximum functionality of the injured area.